Storehouse’s primary function is to distribute boxes of non-perishable foods to families and individuals in need after every church service. We minister to the needs of the whole family through phone call follow-ups during the week, on the spot prayer to all who have need, and by encouraging our recipients to attend services and get connected through our outreach ministries and small groups. We also partner with other CITS ministries to assist and supplement with nutritional support.
Storehouse recipients include:
* Individuals transitioning through job loss and unemployment
* Those who are disabled and/or unable to work
* Single parent households
* The homeless
* Pregnant teens and women
As believers we will strive to "share meals with great joy and generosity towards those in need - all the while praising God and enjoying the goodwill of all the people." We do this, knowing with confidence that "the Lord will add to our fellowship those who will be saved”--Acts 2: 44-47
As we meet the physical and bodily needs of people we free them up to be filled spiritually. The sensation of hunger and the anxiety that is produced where there is lack in a person's life clouds their vision and is all-consuming. As we minister to people in need, we are always to focus primarily on their spiritual need. As physical hunger is eliminated, we help them to recognize and foster a spiritual hunger and desire within themselves. The food we are offering is a representation of God's love and provision, it is a symbol of the Bread of Life who is our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Serve With Us
Storehouse welcomes volunteers who want to serve others. Areas of service include:
* Greeters – Receiving and welcoming recipients, assisting guest with filling out the food request form
* Stockers – Retrieving donated items and stocking the Storehouse shelves
* Packers - Packing boxes of food for distribution
* Prayer Team - Providing on the spot prayer for our recipients and their needs
* Follow-up - Making phone calls and/or visits during the week to Storehouse recipients