E.S.T.H.E.R. is a non-profit organization dedicated to equipping single mothers to become God-fearing, God-loving women raising children with sound morals and wholesome foundations. Our Vision is to bring complete wholeness to the hearts and minds of single mothers and their children.
We are founded by a core of beliefs. These are to:
Encourage: to inspire with courage and confidence.
Strengthen: to make and grow stronger.
Teach: impart knowledge and skills to help learn as by example.
Help: to provide what is necessary to accomplish a task or satisfy a need.
Equip: to prepare intellectually.
Restore: to bring back to an original or former, more desirable condition.
The United States leads the world in fatherless families. Nearly 40% of children in father-absent homes have not seen their dad during the past year, and more than half of all fatherless children have never been in their dad's home. The number of children being raised by single mothers more than tripled between 1960 and 2000.
Did you know…
- There are 11.9 million single parents in the U.S.
- 20 million of all children in the U.S. under 18 live with one parent.
- 84% of children who live with one parent live with their mother.
- 32% of all births were to unmarried women in 1997.
- The U.S. leads the world in fatherless families.
- Seventy-two percent of the U.S. population believes that fatherlessness is the most significant social problem America is facing.
- In 2005 the average custodial mother received $3,660.00 of child support.
- 75% of teenage pregnancies are adolescents from single parent homes.
- 28% of households with children under age 18 were headed by a single parent. 77.6% of those were headed by a female parent.
Mothers are often faced with the decision to forfeit one necessity for another. Why should they be challenged in this area while facing the responsibility of raising and providing for their children? The bigger question is how can WE make a difference?
Meeting the spiritual and physical NEEDS NOW.
Spiritual: We have a bible study every Tuesday night at Church In The Son at 7PM to encourage mothers and their children.
Mothers meet separately from their children; a safe harbor for healing as we press into the Word of God, networking moms together to support one another. Light refreshments are served.
Children ministries for age levels: 0-4, elementary age, middle/high school—snacks are served during class time. Husband/wife teams encourage children in the Word of God...Loving them in a safe environment.
Physical: The families who walk through the doors of E.S.T.H.E.R. are given food, clothing, household items, and connections within the community to help them continue in their success. The items that the families receive come from generous donations throughout our community.
Being a single mother can be such a rewarding experience. Although the budget is tight….living and experiencing life does not have to break the budget. We have a “family day” every month where opportunities for creating memories as a family are made. Whether we are reaching out through serving our community, enjoying a time of fellowship or gearing up for a large event to help support the ministry….we are indeed ALIVE and DOING WELL!!!! There is a calendar on our website that charters our course for the year.
Marci Wild, Director
E.S.T.H.E.R. Single Mother Outreach
400 Lake Bennett Ct.
Longwood, FL 32750